I like to go grocery shopping very early in the day. Crowds overwhelm me, especially at Trader Joe's when I just want to leisurely browse around looking at all their goodies. I was at TJ's at 8:00 AM this morning and was the only customer. It was pure bliss.
I felt like I was buying a lot of food and was nervous for the final total. Perhaps that might be because I last went grocery shopping at Whole Foods and spent $68 on just wheat germ, eggs and milk. Kidding but also not kidding.
Anyway, my total at TJ's this morning was $55 -- these groceries should last me until early next week. I should also note that some items will last longer such as the cheese sticks since there are twelve in a bag. Also, I plan to slice then freeze the bananas to use in smoothies which will extend their shelf life.
Here we go!
- Monterey jack cheese sticks -- snack
- Milk -- breakfast w/ granola
- Greek yogurt -- smoothies for lunch
- Eggs -- hard boiled for a snack
- Baby carrots -- snack
- Pineapple -- snack/smoothies
- Bananas -- smoothies
- Blackberries -- breakfast w/ granola
- Onion, sweet potatoes + broccoli -- slow cooker soup for dinner
- Baby spinach -- smoothies
- Chips, salsa and popcorn -- snacks
- Wine -- duh
- Broth, tomatoes, beans, quinoa + chicken -- slow cooker soup for dinner