This was my first glam bag that was sent to our new address in Lincoln. I updated my mailing info in mid-July through my Ipsy account and was happy to see the bright pink envelope arrive in my mailbox on Tuesday. Totally seamless transition.
Ok, initial thoughts on the August Glam Bag: LOVE the products, hate the bag. Honestly, it's the cheapest bag out of the four I've received. I'm not heartbroken over it but just want to be honest about its quality.
Here is the loot:
1. J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eye Shadow in the shade, Half Naked. I was initially nervous about this color for my skin tone. It looks very orange (even more so in person than the photo suggests). I was pleasantly surprised that the orange did not transfer when it was applied. It's a very neutral shimmer with perhaps just a slight peachy tint. I've worn this the past two days and love it. A great everyday neutral.
2. Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner. This smells like summer! I was in need of a new lip balm to keep in my work bag (I love the EOS balms but hate their awkward shape for slim bags or purses). The Mongongo Lip Conditioner is super moisturizing and long-lasting. Very happy with it!
3. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer. SUPER excited to try this. I currently use BareMinerals' primer and really like it. I have heard amazing things about Dr. Brandt - it seems to have a cult following. I've never tried the brand because, full disclosure, it's out of my price range for beauty/skin products (at least generally speaking). While I can't wait to try the primer, I'm crossing my fingers I don't fall too in love with it -- that would just get my hopes up for something I know I shouldn't be buying (boo to budgets!).
4. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. Full confession: I have never tried Urban Decay before. I feel like it's too trendy for my super-average self. Very excited to try this mascara -- plan on doing so tomorrow. Will keep you posted!
5. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. I heart heart heart dry shampoo. I used the cheap Suave kind for a while (in the silver bottle w/ a yellow lid). Right now I have Dove kind, which smells great but am totally open to trying out new brands. The size I received retails at $8.99 (Ipsy is great about providing great sample sizes and at least one full-size product every month!).
I use the POP Beauty bronzer every.single.day and absolutely love it. It's a great color for my skin tone, easy to apply and hasn't caused any type of breakouts. Score!
For those of you who are new around here, I signed up for Ipsy with my own money. It's $10/month with no contract (you can cancel whenever!). There are affiliate links in this post, which means I'll receive Ipsy points if you sign up via my links. Heads-up!