Here's a funny fact about yours truly.
I loathe bananas, but I have one with breakfast almost every day. And every day, I loudly proclaim to Evan that I hate bananas (the mornings are quite serene in our household!). They're the cheapest fruit out there - hello, 19 cents - so I man up and take one for budget.
Here's the thing though: I love banana laffy taffy, I love frozen bananas in my smoothies, and I absolutely-without-a-doubt love banana bread.
I especially love banana bread that is laden with chocolate chips! Mmm.
The great thing about this particular recipe is that whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt balance out the chocolate chips and brown sugar. It's perfect - enjoy!
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Adapted from No Sugar Sweet Life
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 - 6 oz. container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8.5" loaf pan - cover with cooking spray, or line with foil then use cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour through sugar).
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Then add the egg, yogurt and vanilla - stir until combined.
4. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined - then mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes. Remove from pan, slice and serve.