Well, hey! My weekend, while a fun one, kind of slipped away from me. I just can't force myself to apologize regarding the lack of posts when I'm off living life. Am I right?!
Evan and I enjoyed a great dinner tonight - one that came together in less than 30 minutes. Heck to the yes!
I actually made this recipe a few months ago but totally forgot to photograph it. So I was glad when I stumbled across the recipe in my "recipe box" on MyRecipes.com - a favorite site of mine.
Pasta with Broccoli & Cauliflower in a Mustard Sauce. How's that for a title? I switched it up to Mustard-Balsamic Pasta because I made a few changes (like adding chickpeas) and thought the title was just way too long!
This is super easy to make and completely flavorful. If you haven't tried the mustard/balsamic combination, you best get to it!
Adapted from: My Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato, mustard, vinegar, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for five minutes. Add cauliflower and broccoli; cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Combine pasta mixture and tomato mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- Yield: 4 servings