Ok, y'all are so right. Evan is so sweet! He is an absolutely wonderful husband, and I'm so blessed to have him in my life.
After he surprised me with a cupcake yesterday morning for my "birthweek," I wanted to make him something special for breakfast this morning.
When he interned at NASA during a summer back in college, he would get granola pancakes from his work's cafeteria on a regular basis. He said they were so addicting - swears they had crack in them!
I whipped up a batch this morning using Trader Joe's multi-grain baking mix. I added in a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.
After pouring the batter on the skillet, just sprinkle some granola on top of each pancake. Continue cooking until they're ready to flip.
Give them a flip - and finish cooking. So easy, and Evan loved them. I used homemade cashew granola. I'll be sharing the recipe tomorrow morning!
Heather (who ran a half marathon today!) passed along a blogger award - thanks, friend! So on this lazy Sunday, I present seven random facts about yours truly.
1. I grew up in a town of 2,000 people in rural Nebraska.
2. I pledged Chi Omega in college - and found myself a fraternity husband. So stereotypical, right?!
3. I truly believe Disney World is the happiest place on earth. I went on family vacation there twice growing up - love it.
4. I HATED coconut as a child. Now I'm making a coconut cake for my birthday this week!
5. Evan and I went on our first date on June 13, 2007. He proposed on June 11, 2008, and we got married on June 13, 2009.
6. If I could live on ice cream and wine, I totally would.
7. My parents are coming to visit in 2 1/2 weeks, and I am SO excited!
And now I shall pass this along to seven bloggers:
3. Runs A Latte
Of course I don't want to be self-absorbed and make this post just about me! Tell me this: if you could survive on your favorite food alone, what would you choose?