What better way to make my blog come-back than to share this indulgent dessert?! I knew you'd agree.
I cannot put into words how great this dessert tastes. I made a big ol' pan of these Peanut Butter M&M's Cookie Bars for a church potluck, as well as for a friend's 4th of July party. They were a success at both! Below you will find the recipe with the exact measurements I used.
*Note: Next time I will use less cinnamon, as it somewhat overpowered the peanut butter.
Adapted from: Apple A Day – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
12 TBSP unsalted butter (slightly softened)
1 c. smooth peanut butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. M&M’s (+ more to sprinkle on top)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan. Alternately, line the pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. (Recipe can also be halved and baked in an 8×8.)
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon & baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Mix in the flour mixture. Once mostly combined, add the M&M’s and stir until combined.
6. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle desired amount of M&M’s on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes (for an 8×8 pan, bake for 30-32 minutes). Cool completely before cutting.