An impressive name, right? I love shortbread cookies, and as my sister stated, they are "definitely an under-rated cookie." I love the buttery, sugary goodness - it just melts in your mouth. I found the following recipe online, and then added my own little treat - Nestle's Dark Chocolate & Mint Chips...yum!
Original recipe: Allrecipes.com - Tina's Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate & Mint Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl - set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually mix in the flour mixture, little by little until well-mixed. Stir in the chips.
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. After placing them on the cookie sheets, lightly flatten the cookies with a fork.
5. Bake for 15 minutes (until golden brown). Remove from sheets and place on wire racks to cool.