Ok, so this wonderful treat can be made any time during the year. Growing up, my mom only made it during the holidays in December, so for me, it's just a holiday candy. Feel free to make it whenever, though!
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 c. butter
1/2 c. light brown sugar
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. pecans
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place crackers in one layer on parchment-lined 9x13 jelly roll pan
2. Melt butter & brown sugar in medium saucepan. Cook until it boils and combines - stirring constantly.
3. Pour butter mixture over crackers evenly.
4. Bake 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven & sprinkle chocolate chips over top. When they start to melt, spread evenly over crackers.
6. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
7. Refrigerate 1 hour, then crack into pieces.